Monday, May 02, 2005

I feel violated

So it's finals week, and I am doing all that I can to balance studying with staying awake. About 3:45 a.m. I decide to take a break from consequentialism and browse a few sites, including my own to see if Prince has logged his rebuttal to a prior post.

Then I come across this comment regarding my post-it on finals:

"KINGSPAWN said...

Schiavo, Terri. What a goddess. Ahh, the sweet nectar of her loins, it doth rival ambrosia, no? Forgive me Terri, only for loving thee too much."

The first thing I think is, "Wow, who just saw that South Park episode for the first time this weekend?" But then I clicked KINGSPAWN's link and saw they had a blog, so I decided to click it and see what this was all about. I thought maybe it might be someone I know that was just trying to mess with me or somethign: what followed was downright creepy.

As if the latest entry (about starting a Shiavo chant during a moment of silence at a Celtics playoff game) wasn't weird enough, I read the following and literally lol'ed and did a double (triple?) take. Here's the link to his site if you want to read it all (BEWARE of clicking some of the links, they are weird/inappropriate/just play psycho), but here is an excerpt:

"So today I was next-blogging and ran across what looked at first glance to be an ad-blog, which pissed me off, so I had to hit back and comment "Schiavo, Terri. What a goddess. Ahh, the sweet nectar of her loins, it doth rival ambrosia, no? Forgive me Terri, only for loving thee too much," on some Mormon kid's blog. But then I realized what I had just read as the title of the first post on the ad-blog, "white pimple on -----," and I was highly intrigued."

"Next-blogging" is a link on the top right of each page where you are taken to a random blog that you can read. Apparently this nut thought my blog was what's called an "ad-blog," which shady companies use to post nothing but advertisements about their product. Anyway, this guy apparently didn't like that so he posted his comment, only to realize after what he'd done (but he still left the comment up - TIMHIT).

The part that was really weird is how long he must have waded through this site to figure out it was "some Mormon kid's blog" (the only real reference I could find to this is in my seventh ever post [21 Feb 2005] , which is wwwaaaayyyy back in the archives for someone who's just perusing).

Anyway, I just had to share this. Time to grind for Philosophy.

I think I feel better now.

7 comments:

KINGSPAWN said...

No dude, I next-blogged away from your site to the "-----" site, then returned, annoyed.

Chris Bernal said...

So did you think you were leaving that weird Schiavo comment on the ad-blog site or what?

And how did you figure out my religion?

KINGSPAWN said...

Ok. I was on your site, which I arrived at randomly via next blog. I read through the first few posts, hit up your archives, just your first few posts of all time--I like to know how people start off--and saw the bit about going on the mission. Good luck with that, by the way. Anyway, I next-blogged away from your site, saw the ad site and hit the back button on my browser kind of as a reflex b/c I hate those ad sites--they really ruin a next blogging session. I then had a bit of divine inspiration, commented on your blog, and realized exactly what the ad site said. Hence, after posting the comment on your blog, as intended, I returned to check out the "-----" site more fully, and chose to make the whole experience the subject of a post on my site.

Chris Bernal said...

Okay, I understand a little bit now. But what has me a little on edge is that you meant to post the Schiavo comment. TWM(unintentional)HIT, only because it was absolutely weird. What was meant by that????

KINGSPAWN said...

I don't know what TWMHIT means, but my Schiavo comment elicited exactly the intended response: publicize my blog, stir up some controversy, weird out some people. I just think she's fascinating, inspiring, and an amazing conversationalist.

Actual God said...

TWM(intentional!!)HIT!!

Chris Bernal said...

TWMHIT = There Was Much Humor In That.